The microbrewer, craft brewer, and micro distillery industry is expanding and the entrepreneurs who are growing these markets are true artisans. They are not afraid to try new flavors, new ingredients, and locally grown materials in their products.
Established in 2014, Motorcity Malt House has been supporting brewers and distillers with 100% grown in Michigan, malted in Michigan grains. Our small batch process brings craft to the raw ingredients that are typically made in large industrial facilities. This allows the brewers to make a true local beer that cannot be found anywhere else. It establishes body, flavor and color that are unique to Michigan, and this region.
Motorcity Malt House:
- Supports local farmers by purchasing grain grown in Michigan. We never blend our malts, and each bag of malt has the farmers name and the date the grain was malted
- Brings back a trade that has been lost to large automated factories
- Allows the local breweries to sell and market beer that is 100% made in Michigan
- By using small batch malting techniques, brings unique flavors, colors and textures to the local Michigan brewery
- Brings freshness to malt by reducing the logistics chain of the raw ingredients. Our malt travels as grain from a local farm, to the malt house in Shelby Township, and stored on site. As compared to grain grown in Canada, malted in the Western United States, stored in a Midwestern warehouse, trucked to a distribution center, and then delivered to the brewer.
Please contact us if you have any questions at all about our products and services.
Address: Shelby Twp., MI
Phone: +1 586-745-4370
michigan malt, malted barley, barley malt, pils, pale, pale ale, vienna, munich, caramel, chocolate, roasted barley, wheat malt, rye malt, craft maltster, michigan maltster, michigan malt house, detroit malt house